Wednesday, January 17, 2007

commuter's tirade


i hate hate hate hate commuting
not that I'm a rich bitch who doesn't want to get dirty by sitting next to a sweaty man on the jeepney
it's just that i hate being stressed and harassed even before i get to start my work day
i dont think i even need to tell you that Filipino jeepney drivers are absolutely crazy (okay, hasty generalization, sorry). they swerve at the most inopportune times, they talk to fellow jeepney drivers in the middle of the street, they probably need to use motolite break fluid or something and they contribute like 80% to Manila's pollution. and dont even get me started on riding the MRT during rush hours...

i leave the house all poised and freshly washed and with a wide smile to greet the morning. But by the time i'm halfway through my commute, i feel awkward, sweaty and have a wide frown to greet the onslaught of fellow commuters trekking on the same road i am. Okay, it is partly my fault too because usually you will find me with 2-3 bags or one big, inconvenient bag and that really makes commuting even more difficult

So it is with great anticipation that I'm looking forward to not commuting anymore. No, i am not getting a car or deciding to waste my salary away by taking a taxi everyday. I have blessedly found a boarding house that is 10 houses away from my office. So aside from getting a bit of exercise everyday and saving up on commuting fare, i get to arrive at the office poised, freshly washed and with a sleepy smile on my face because i just got up a few minutes ago

The downside? Now i cant blame the perils of commuting for being late

4 comments:

hlF said...

commuting sucks especially when you have to go far. i don't mind it when it's just within QC, and i love riding the Ikot and Toki jeeps. mehn, i mis da jeepneys...

Anonymous said...

wow congratulations, you finally found an apartment. :) hope your little blackhole bag isnt too much trouble. hehe.
hey we're coming out with new stuff soon. im so excited!

thejesusrocker said...

M-asyadong
R-ami
T-ao!!!

Faith said...

Hey. I was just wondering if you know boarding houses near Eastwood City. If you know one, please email me naman po at faithmoral@gmail.com. Thanks!