Tuesday, February 27, 2007

yes you


i was just lamenting to an officemate that i think i'll try not to like a certain guy or any guy at all because it all ends up in heartache (yes, drama queen i know) when suddenly this song starts to play...

There's a love that transcends
All that we've known of ourselves
And I'll wait for it to come
I'll wait for it to come
Well it's got to be strong to touch my heart
Through its shell
And I'll wait for it to come
I'll wait for it to come
- Coffee, Copeland


(thanks my own personal demi-goddess for introducing me to this band)

i may declare everyday that i'm through with love
i may cry at every turn over guys that unintentionally hurt/ignore me
i may hysterically laugh at the jokes the universe continually plays on me
i may get fed up with putting myself out there and not getting anything in return
i may get nauseatingly jealous of people who have seemingly found something rare

but at the end of the day...i think i'd still be willing to wait
hurry up a bit, will you?
a girl can only wait up to a certain point without turning totally cynical

No comments: