Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Let's Pretend I'm a Famous (or even semi-famous) Rocker

Got this from Aileen who got it from here

"The A.V. Club asks its favorite rockers, writers, comics, or whatevers to set their MP3 players to shuffle and comment on the first few tracks that come up—no cheating or skipping embarrassing tracks allowed."

So, let's pretend for a moment that I am someone famous...

1. "Hoodoo" by Muse
I discovered Muse because of their very very very addictive song "Starlight". This is a very haunting song about with a great classical piano riff and i think it's about a lost love. Or missed opportunities. Or voodoo. Or death. Or all of the above. For lyrics, click here. For the song, click here

2. "Both Sides Now" by Joni Mitchell
A song that never fails to get me all choked up. And when they used this song during Emma Thompson's "breakdown" in Love Actually, I totally lost it. Lyrics here. Music here

3. "Madder" by Groove Armada
First time I heard this song actually. Haha. But Groove Armada is one of those groups that you love, even if you don't like their particular brand of music. I actually don't know how to classify them. Lyrics, music

4. "Letting the Cables Sleep" by Bush
Bush's Manila concert way back in 1996 0r 97 was my first ever rock concert. I came for Gavin Rossdale, I stayed for the music. And a shirtless Gavin Rossdale. If I'm not mistaken, this song was for a Cafe del Mar album. I miss Bush. And Gavin Rossdale aka Mr. Gwen Stefani. Lyrics, music

5. "Missing You" - Tyler Hilton version
No matter how much you hate his character in One Tree Hill, you have to admit Tyler has this sexy husky voice going on. And his straightforward cover of the John Waite song gives me goosebumps everything. Definitely on my list of cheesy songs I love. Lyrics, music

6. "Choose the One Who Loves You More" by Copeland
This is going to be my motto! Haha. Lyrics, music

7. "Emotions" by Beegees
I am not embarrassed to admit that this is in my playlist. I would be embarrassed if I had the Destiny's Child version. Lyrics, music

8. "What a Wonderful World" - Tony Bennet and KD Lang version
Probably one of the most covered songs in the history of cheesy and feel good music. This version sounds like most of the others. But it's still a nice song to listen to when you're feeling happy and in love and the world is a wonder...well you know. Lyrics, music

9. "Hear Me Out" by Frou Frou
A song for those people who stubbornly refuse to accept it's over. Here's hoping I don't become one of those. Lyrics, music

10. "The Remedy" by Jason Mraz
I used to be "married" to this guy. Where is he now? Anyways, I could never sing this song in a karaoke bar, but I always perk up when I hear this in random places or music players. Lyrics, music

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ida! i felt the same way about Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now" when used in Love Actually. Sa tingin ko kaya ganun ka-effective ang music na yun sa breakdown ni Emma Thompson ay dahil bukod sa napaka-superb ng acting ni Emma (I've always loved her), eh na-build up na ang Joni Mitchell-Emma Thompson tandem earlier sa plot. Na-reveal na that Joni will play a big part in the movie, so to speak ;) ehehehe i love that movie! :)

Anonymous said...

love that movie too :) hehe pasingit.

teka, i have the destiny's child version ah! hehe

at sino nga ulit si tyler hilton sa OTH?