Sunday, July 22, 2007

Quick Reviews

Vacancy
It's probably the best movie ever! NOT! It's such a crappy, crappy movie and I can't imagine what possessed us to actually watch it. After the movie, I wanted to scream, "Give me back my 140 pesos!". The most horrifying moments were actually scenes which I refused to see, because lots and lots of rodents were involved. But my colleagues and I enjoyed trying to scare each other silly. Miss Kate Beckinsale, please don't ever play another damsel in distress role. I much prefer you to the kick-ass werewolf killer of Underworld. And sheesh, can you please make a little less noise when you're trying to get away from murdering maniacs?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
I don't know what's the record for fastest time for reading a 759 page book, but I did break my personal record. Dude, 9 hours straight! And I have to say, I am definitely satisfied with how JK Rowling ended the series. (But please, don't go back on your word and make another Harry Potter book after a few yours. Leave the story to rest.) I will not give away any spoilers, but suffice it to say, there were some tears involved and I am thoroughly satisfied on how she closed the story on one character which everybody loves to hate, but oddly enough, I sympathized with. Okay, I will shut up now


Nightwatch by Sergei Lukyanenko
As much as I love the world of Harry Potter, if I had to live in a fantasy world apart from Middle Earth, I would choose to live in this world where vampires, werewolves, witches and magicians engage in constant battles and philosophical debates, sometimes at the same time. This is the basis of that awesome Russian movie which Ailene describes as Underworld meets The Matrix. I am currently reading the second book, Daywatch, and I cannot wait to get my hands on Twilight Watch and Final Watch. When it comes to literature, even fantasy and horror novels, you Russians kick ass


the hotness that is Matthew Fox

Lost Season 3 Finale
Everyone was buzzing about Heroes and a lot of people kinda lost hope that Lost will regain its former glory. I do like Heroes but it's season finale was such a letdown. But when I finally watched Lost, I totally forgot all other TV shows (except for Battlestar Galactica. Why doesnt anyone I know watch this show???). Of course I won't give away spoilers coz I know AXN and Studio 23 arent finished showing the season yet, but people, I have got to tell you this: stick it out to the end. I know some episodes were hum drum (Nicki? Paolo? Who are you guys again?) but wait it out and the last six or seven episodes are truly worth it

and on a final note:

Taco Bell's Green Margarita Slush
If I could drink it everyday, I would

No comments: