Monday, July 02, 2007

Song Menagerie

it's that time again when my own words fail me, and so i need to borrow other people's poetry

Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost
- Lead Me to the Cross, United Live

She said what on earth made you stay here
When you finally figured out what I was all about
He said I always knew you'd do the right thing
Even though it might take some time
She said, Yeah, I felt that and that's probably what saved my life
- When It Was Over, Sara Groves

So I don't want to be the last, I don't want to be the first,
Don't want to be alone with my thoughts tomorrow,
And I don't want to be afraid, don't want to look away,
I'm learning to breathe
- Learning to Breathe, Nerina Pallot

But sister you know I’m so weary
And you know sister
My hearts been broken
Sometimes, sometimes
My mind is too strong to carry on
In your love, my salvation lies
In your love, my salvation lies
- Orange Sky, Alexi Murdoch

I feel like I am watching everything from space
And in a minute I'll hear my name and I'll wake
I think the finish line's a good place we could start
Take a deep breath, take in all that you could want
- Finish Line, Snow Patrol

If we only got one try
If we've only got one life
If time was never on our side
Before I die I want to burn out bright
- Burn Out Bright, Switchfoot

No comments: