Saturday, August 18, 2007

Stolen

They were lying beside each other, bodies not touching, staring at the ceiling, sleepy but blissfully content, alcohol lazily coursing through their bloodstreams, but not yet drunk enough to not be aware of that very moment

For some reason, she suddenly blurts out, "Let's tell each other something we don't know about each other."

And she begins to run down in her mind something that she would want him to know. "Should I tell him that I love burping out loud? Or that when I was young, I wanted to be a receptionist when I grew up? Or that my greatest frustration in life is that I cannot draw to save my life?"

After he speaks and tells his secret, he turns to her and says "So, what's yours?"

And for once, she decides to bare a piece of her soul. She whispers, "I've never fallen in love."

He sits up, looks at her incredelously "Didn't you say that you were as good as engaged a few years back?"

She closes her eyes and the emotions that she felt during that brief period flashed before her. She murmurs "No. I don't think that was love at all. I haven't felt that all-abiding passion that I always hear of. I have yet to totally open myself up to the joys and pains of actually falling in love."

He pokes her shoulder and jokingly says, "Now, you will"

The girl refuses to open her eyes and look at him because he might see the fear in her eyes. She feels the inevitable cold truth coursing through her veins, the inevitable truth that he might just be right

She opens her eyes and looks at him and in her head, answers with conviction, "Maybe"


Clear liquor and cloudy eyed, too early to say goodnight
- Stolen, Dashboard Confessional

You're ruining me
With secrets and gestures and looks
With sonnets from second-hand books
Playing the chords in me nobody knew how to play

- The Thief, Brook Fraser

How long can I hide, what I'm feeling inside
My love is a river, that's got to make its way into sea

- Beneath the Surface, Incognito

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoah. kinakarir na ang lovelife.