Friday, November 10, 2006

wake up songs

for the past week, i've been keeping track of the first songs that i hear when i woke up and
trying to figure out if they, in any way, affects my life, or even the rest of my day. let's

see...

MONDAY - John Mayer's Waiting for the World to Change
it's not that we don't care,
we just know that the fight ain't fair
so we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

should we just stand idly by and wait for a monumental shift in the world's paradigm so that
we can finally do the ideal things that we've always wanted to do? If so, I think the battle
has already been lost. I think I would just go ahead and do what I think is right and then
just wait for the world to catch up with me


TUESDAY – Snow Patrol’s Chasing Cars
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I’ve missed having someone to say this to. Well, truth be told, I’ve never felt this way
about anyone. I’ve never had that overwhelming feeling for someone that would make me just
want to give everything up and be with that person. And honestly, I don’t think I should
have that ever because love shouldn’t be that selfish right? Well, a few moments of
“disappearing” from the world should suffice.

WEDNESDAY – 311’s Amber
You ought to know what brings me here
You glide through my head blind to fear
And I know why
Whoa, amber is the color of your energy
Whoa, shades of gold displayed naturally

I should have been afraid because I know this was never going to lead to anything. I didn’t
exactly throw caution to the wind, but for once, I did allow myself to like someone without
any expectations whatsoever. And it was nice, because it’s always nice to slowly discover
the facets of an amazing person. And even though the things I’ve been “allowed” to see
barely scratches the surface of a complicated persona, I will be patient and wait for it to
crack. And again, no expectations. I just hope I’m not just deluding myself

THURSDAY – Michael Stipe’s In The Sun
I know I would apologize if I could see your eyes
’cause when you showed me myself I became someone else
But I was caught in between all you wish for and all you need
I picture you fast asleep
A nightmare comes
You can’t keep awake

Hmmm…nothing comes to mind. Except that I haven’t had nightmares in a long time and that’s a relief. Haha. Moving on…

FRIDAY – The Calling’s Adrienne
Oh, Adrienne, I thought I knew you
Once again, you used me, used me
Adrienne, I should have left you
Long before you used me, Used me up

This is such a fun song to sing, especially when you’re full of bitterness and angst over an
ex. Which I am not, thank God. I’m glad that by God’s grace, I have this amazing ability to
bounce back emotionally and not to have this bitter taste in my mouth. It’s a superhero-type
ability, I swear. But still, this is such a fun song to sing!

No comments: