Saturday, August 11, 2007

the august playlist

my ipod is really such a blessing. not only do i have a companion on those long bus rides home or those early mornings in the office when i'm the only soul out and about, but now i have a valid reason to totally let out my OC-ness when it comes to tagging, arranging and re-arranging my music

oh, and playlists are so much more fun on an ipod (damn you, steve jobs! now i am a walking advertisement for your products!)

and in the tradition of stef and ailene in naming their gadgets, the ipod is now arien

so...on with the playlist


MY FAVOURITE BOOK - STARS
My officemate and I can't get enough of this sweeteningly sick yet utterly cool song. It is the perfect theme for her and her boyfriend, but since she says he doesnt appreciate this artist, i have dibs on this song already. now if only i can find a lover to share this with...hehe

"that is how we'll always make it. how i know your face or the way you move.i can read you, you're my favorite book. all the things you say, the way you shift your eyes. i never knew there was someone to come and make me feel alive"

LOVE IS WAITING - BROOKE FRASER
Totally Ailene's fault. Romantic longings and the songs that go with them are totally infectious.

i watch as lovers pass me by
Walking stories - whos and hows and whys
Musing lazily on love, Pondering you
I'll give it time, give it space and be still for a spell
When it's time to walk that way we wana walk it well


THE WORLD IS OUR PLAYGROUND - UP DHARMA DOWN
Maybe it's because I'm finally home with my family again
Or I recently celebrated my first year in my work (a major achievement for me, the perennial job hopper)
Or I've found out what I really want to do with my life
But seems to be the cry of my heart

"I swear I belong...This is where I belong"

NOT READY TO MAKE NICE - DIXIE CHICKS
I'm not really angry at anyone for anything. But this song just makes me so want to scream "Hell yeah!" for no reason at all. An anthem for the bitter and the oppressed

I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should


GOD ONLY KNOWS - BEACH BOYS
Entertainment Weekly recently named it as the most romantic love song. And I couldn't agree more. Whenever Ihear this song, I think of people who have been married for 25 years and who still have the ability to look at each other and say "God only knows what I'd be without you"

I'LL FOLLOW YOU INTO THE DARK - DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE
Yeah, it is theologically twisted, but it is such a beautful poetic and twisted take on the till death do us part and beyond aspect of love

If Heaven and Hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the NOs on their vacancy signs
If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark


WE'RE ALL IN THE DANCE - FEIST
It is the song that's playing on the Paris Je T'aime trailer which makes me fall all the more in love with that movie. Cinemanila na!!! Let's watch! Let's watch!

To be continued...

2 comments:

Migs Bassig said...

UDD rocks. Next to "June", "The World..." is my favorite. But they must release the second album NOW!

mrs.h. said...

all along i thought the lyrics go "im not ready to make NOISE..." and it made sense to me! haha

yeah, narinig ko na yung love is waiting ni brooke fraser. sabi ko kay john di na kami makaka-relate. hehe. but still, it has the kilig factor. and i love the voice!